• Admin

A Day in the Life

Hey! So this week has totally gotten away from me the last couple of days. I had some recent changes in my work that have allowed me to work from home full-time and although that has been a huge blessing and has provided me with a crazy onset of flexibility, I feel like it has also kicked me into overdrive by thinking that I have to do a million things around the house as well as work full-time. And so far it’s been possible, but I’ve just been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. But things are getting done, so I’m not complaining about it. I did just order a new planner on Amazon though because again, I feel like I have to-do lists in approximately 8,000 different places and it is driving me nuts. Like, how does that happen?! No matter how hard I try to just put everything on a piece of paper, it never happens. So maybe a new, pretty planner will do the trick….

Anyway, I just wanted to check in today with a simple recap of what my day was like yesterday. I really like to do posts like this every once in a while to look back on in the future and see how much my life changes over time, even if it sometimes doesn’t feel like it.


Yesterday morning started out with some reading in bed. I woke up around 6:00am when Chris got up to leave for work and eased into the morning by finishing The Shining. It was good, but honestly wasn’t my favorite. There’s like, a ton of hype over the book and the movie and it was definitely an intriguing read, but not the most exciting book I’ve ever read. I also had this little (big?) cuddle buddy with me. Any chance she gets, she is laying exactly like she is in the below picture. It’s adorable, yet sometimes inconvenient.

When I finally got myself out of bed, I made myself a cup of tea and set up shop at the kitchen table to get some work done. My goal was to get as much done as early as I could yesterday so I could have a big chunk of the day to run errands and take care of some personal tasks without having to be tied down to my job. I also took some time to go through my agenda and look at my daily/weekly tasks, brainstorm a little bit in my Style Your Mind daily reflection workbook, and think about meal planning for the rest of the week.

After I did that for a few hours, I got to work cleaning the kitchen and bathroom and putting away a bunch of random stuff that was laying around our house, all while I talked to my mom on the phone. Then I put some real (workout…) clothes on and headed out for some errands! First I went to the mall for some picture frames, dry shampoo, and a few other odds and ends. Then I went to the gym to get in a quick, but effective, cardio and glutes workout. My friend Katie works at the gym, and she didn’t have a client the hour I was there, so we got to chat while I got my workout in, too. I tried to finish out with some stretching, but got bored….so that lasted like, three minutes.

After that I stopped at the grocery store on my way home to get ingredients to make minestrone soup for dinner and also ended up with some chocolate peanut butter ice cream and salt and vinegar chips. Oops. I got home, unpacked the groceries, did a protein hair mask (sounds weird, but it totally helps with hair growth), ate lunch, did a little more work, showered, and then started to prep dinner. I loooooove crock-pot meals, especially when they are the kind that you basically just pour everything in there and turn it on. While I made dinner I snacked on a crazy delicious chocolate covered oreo that was sent to us in a gift package the other day….

Next I wandered next door to visit with my neighbor Alice for a while! I needed to give her her thank you card from our wedding and had also printed a picture of us and put it in a nice frame, and I also wanted to share our honeymoon pictures with her. We ended up chatting for about an hour before I needed to go home and get a little more work done before I could shut down for the day at 5pm.

Then I wrote some more thank you notes, watched Ellen, tended to the soup, and started writing this post! I made myself another cup of tea and enjoyed that along with the beautiful flowers my husband brought home for me the other day while I did that, too. And I had another oreo….

Then I folded a load of laundry I had threw in earlier in the day and put on comfy clothes for the rest of the night – potentially the best part of the day in my opinion. Like, I’m really not sure if there’s anything better than big fuzzy socks, leggings, and a huge hoodie with no bra on. Fight me on that one.

Chris had a dentist appointment after work last night, so he got home about an hour and a half later than usual. It felt like way longer than that though. Maybe it’s just because we are sappy newlyweds, but I really do miss him when he is gone for such long days. We are used to eating dinner by 6, and didn’t get to eat until after 8 last night! That basically felt like midnight. Yes, we are old. It’s fine. The soup turned out really, really good, and we ate it along with some garlic ciabatta bread.

While/after we ate we caught up on our shows – This is Us and American Horror Story (two total opposites, haha). Then I started reading my new book a little bit and fell right asleep! It was a long, productive, but pretty fun day.


Have a great day today!

#Exercise #Reading #Gym #Day #MinestroneSoup #Work #Oreos #life #Marriage

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All