Well, I'm back. This space has come and gone, time and time again for the last 10 years or so. I've always wanted to write, but my heart keeps getting pulled in different directions when it comes to sharing about my own life and now, my family's. Something I've been struggling to accept is that I can change my mind from day to day. Grey areas are okay - not everything has to be so black and white. So for today, I choose to be here. I choose to fire this website back up and start sharing about what's on my heart, because it's important to me. It's important to me to share my thoughts on motherhood, because I wish someone would have done that for me when I was a brand new mom. It's important to me to share my thoughts on anxiety and mental health, because it's something I've struggled with my entire life but never admitted until recently. It's important to me to share my thoughts on the mundane kind of days we are likely all experiencing right now (thanks a lot covid), because they can be extremely isolating and lonely.
So let's kick this off with a little introduction, shall we? I always feel so entitled sharing facts about myself, because I don't feel like anyone actually cares, but how will you know if you want to read my words or not if you don't even know me as a person? So here we go.... :)
- I live in the metro-Detroit area of Michigan with my husband and two boys (Spencer, 1, and Gavin, 3).
- I am extremely introverted. It takes a lot for me to really enjoy spending time with someone enough to choose that over just hanging out at home with my little family. So if you are my real-life friend, that means I truly, truly like you. ;)
- Some of my favorite things are exercising on my Peloton (I'm @allisonmjohn on there!), watching reality TV (specifically anything Bravo), reading, cooking, Cabernet, black coffee, and being outside.
- I am a stay at home mom and truly love being around my children. It's really hard for me to be away from them, so I rarely am.
- I have some pretty serious anxiety that really started to surface once I became a mom, but I've been an anxious person my whole life. Just the last couple years I've been really focusing on accepting it and working through it.
I'm really excited to *hopefully* commit to regular writing in this space and to openly, honestly share my heart and my thoughts around life and motherhood with you all.
Thank you so much for being here.